Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Future Plans

Last April I posed a blog on myspace (read it here)about where Jonathan and I are in life and our plans for the future. Things have progressed since then and changes are coming.

Jonathan applied to grad school and was not accepted. Of course he is a little bummed that he didn't get in, but the #1 reason he applied was to find some direction for our future. We had two doors: the first, grad school; the second, work. We asked God to close one door and help us with decisions and he answered us.

Now that one decision has been made, there are several more to follow:
1. How long should Jonathan stay with Bayer before they close the lab?
2. Where will he work next?
3. When will we be ready to buy a house?
4. Where do we want to live?
5. When do we want to start having kids?

I am SO excited to start making these big decisions. Thankfully, I'm in more of a rush to settle into a house than to start a family. Of course, I can't wait to be a mother, but God answered another prayer of mine by relieving the strength of my desires and making my heart content with waiting until we are both ready.

No comments: