Monday, November 24, 2008

Something Old, Something New

One would think I'd have something new to report by now, but I don't. I have received a couple calls from companies I applied for, but as of now nothing has progressed further than the initial call. It's a brutal job market right now. Jonathan and I are constantly reminded of how blessed we are by the job God provided for him. We haven't had to dip into our savings once since I lost my job. Many people are struggling to make ends meet in our current economy, and we are still quite comfortable. Our provisions are certainly not of our own accord.

My best friend is getting married in less than two weeks and I have the privilege of serving as her matron of honor. I love everything wedding and am so excited for this one. My own wedding may have been over 3 years ago, but I haven't forgotten the feelings of excitement, anxiety or stress; the meltdowns and struggles; the abundance of choices and decisions. What a blissfully insane time.

I had a dream about my "wedding" last night. Jonathan and I were renewing our vows, and somehow it was the day of our renewal and I had so many loose ends. I had tried to be laid back about the whole thing, and ended up so lacksadaisical that I had no flowers, no place settings, no food for the reception, and a dream within the dream where I got renewed my vows in jeans and a sweatshirt. It's funny how even years after the wedding, I'm still haunted by nightmares.

No comments: