Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our Little BOY!

We went in for our 20 week ultrasound on Thursday and found out we're having a boy! I was so sure it was a girl that I was shocked at first, but I'm really thrilled to meet my little man in March. He's currently 10 inches long and weighs 14 oz, measuring just a day ahead of where we are. We got a close look at his head and organs, arms, hands, legs and little feet. At one point he was holding his arm up and opening and closing his hand, like he was waving. I was more excited about finding out than Jonathan, who would have been fine waiting until birth to know what we have. He's surprised both of us with his enthusiasm and excitement about knowing that we're not just having a baby, we're having a son.

We got lots of pictures from the ultrasound, and this profile shot is my favorite:


This one isn't as clear, but you can see his little lips puckered under his nose:


His legs were stretched out toward the end, and even though you can't see it on this picture, I could tell that he has his daddy's feet instead of mine:


He's looking right out at the doppler here. Look closely next to his head and you can see his hands up by his face (he actually looks much more human than this, but the ultrasound doesn't show eyelids or hair or anything, just the eye sockets):

1 comment:

Jo and Li said...

These pics make me happy:)