Friday, August 1, 2008

Drumroll Please....

.....Jonathan was offered and accepted a new job!!! The application and interview process has taken a few weeks, but yesterday he accepted an offer from Seattle Genetics, a pharmaceutical company just up the street from where he works now. He's had a bit of cold feet, but mostly because it's going to be a change and he didn't get as high a position as he hoped. However, they offered him the same salary and a bigger annual bonus than he's getting now, plus a sign-on bonus.

That's really the only news we have right now. The rest is the same old story. Now that he has a new job lined up, we can begin planning the next step, which is buying a house. This won't happen immediately. We haven't figured out a timeline yet, but knowing that we can start that makes us pretty excited. While we're enjoying being in the moment, we also look forward to the future.

This weekend we're heading down to Oregon for a wedding and visiting his family, and a vacation at Seaside with my family. This trip was originally supposed to be for all the family to be together and take a break with Grandma. It's certainly taken a different course since April. Now, it's more a time for us to be together as a family and remember her, and enjoy each other's company without the fresh burden of Grandma's death. I LOVE the beach, and although it may be freezing (even in August), I'm excited to be there.

On a lighter note, I got a super cute pair of shoes today!

Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love to shop. Clothes, shoes, bags, gifts, whatever; I love it. I was like a kid in a candy store last weekend when the Southcenter mall reopened, with the first H&M store ever in Washington. A brand new store with brand new clothes and accessories that I had never seen before. A legion of other people must have had the same idea, because it took for-EV-er to get through that store.

Next on my list:

HOT. Can't wait to wear these.

No comments: