Thursday, October 16, 2008
TAG You're It!
I've been tagged by Jenna. Let's see if I can come up with 7 interesting things....
1. When I was little, I thought that EVERYone was supposed to go to preschool when they were 4 years old. However, preschool is not free and my family couldn't afford for me to go at the time. I suppose I didn't want anyone to think that I was too dumb to go, so that entire year, whenever someone would ask me my age, I would answer, "I'm four, but I don't go to preschool because it costs too much."
2. I constantly have a soundtrack running through my head. By this, I mean that when I'm driving, or thinking about something sad, or having fun with friends, I'm thinking of a song that would go perfectly with the moment if it was in a movie. Also, when I'm listening to a song I'll think about what kind of scene in a movie it would be appropriate for.
3. You know how when you have a brand new pair of jeans, they need to stretch a little bit to fit perfectly? Well, when I try on jeans in the dressing room, I move around a little to stretch them out. A few months ago I was doing this in the Gap, with the same size I always wear, and I kid you not, the jeans ripped all the way down the butt and onto the leg. I came out of the dressing room, roamed around like I was taking a second look around the store, hid the jeans behind a manequin and hauled my denim-destroying butt right out of there.
4. I do math when I look at the clock. For example, if it's 4:15, I notice that 4+1=5. If it's 12:11, I see 1x2=1+1. If it's 3:57, I see 3+2=5+2=7.
5. A lot of people hate it when drivers weave, but I'm definitely a weaver. When I'm driving on the freeway and I come up to a pack of cars, I immediately look at it like a game. How can I get around these cars and come out in the front? As soon as I get past one car, I'm looking for the next opening. It's like a personal challenge, and I hate it when I lose.
6. I am scared of Canadian geese. When I was 7 years old, I was at the park feeding them bread. I ran out but they kept coming at me looking for more. I backed away with my hands out, but they came faster at me, hissing and flapping their wings. I started jogging away from them, and had to break into a full out run as they advanced. The whole flock chased me through the park for about 5 minutes before they finally backed off. Ever since then, I keep my distance.
7. I have the compulsive need to compliment people back when they compliment me. If you tell me my hair looks nice, I'll tell you I like your top. If you tell me you like my necklace, I'll tell you how cute your shoes are. Usually I mean it but on occasion I don't; I do it anyway because I can't help myself.
Now, I tag Angie, Amy, Taylor, and Melissa.