Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spring Has Sprung


Thanks for the flowers, Jonathan!


I love hot weather. Seriously, LOVE it. I bask in the gloriousness that is the sun. I live for 85 and sunny. I enjoy the first month or two of winter, but by February, I pine for the days when I can shed my sweaters and jackets in exchange for tank tops and flip flops. I have to confess, it will be tough to muster the motivation to find a job this summer. I am sorely tempted to spend each day lounging by the pool, or sprawled out reading on the grass at the park by the river, or driving with the moon roof open and music cranked, just for the sake of being out.

I may have only spent the first five years of my life living in Florida, but that was enough to taint my feelings toward months upon months of frigid temperatures.

On the other hand, Seattle summers are really something to behold. During the bleak months I forget about the incredibly green landscape; the sparkling water everywhere I turn; the dry, comfortable, consistent heat.

Despite my love for Florida, the one thing missing is the change of seasons, and the PNW certainly has that. I love seasons. Although winter is almost too long for my sanity, spring comes just before I lose my mind and soon to follow is my beloved summer.

Gen. 1:14:
And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years."

No comments: