Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prepared

Baby showers.... check.
Birthing classes.... check.
Set up nursery.... check.
Wash baby clothes/bedding/blankets.... check.
Choose a name.... check.
Pack bags.... check.
Clean house.... check. And check. And check. And check... etc.

There are many more preparations we've made in addition to this list. In short, we are totally and completely ready for this little boy to make his entrance. Apparently he is not quite there yet. That's ok... just as long as he gets there fast! Today marks t-minus 4 days until the due date. I've reminded him frequently of this date. If he refuses to cooperate, he will be served an official eviction notice. It's been my absolute privilege to carry him the last (nearly) 40 weeks, but at this point I would much rather have him in my arms than my uterus!

1 comment:

lmiller2 said...

Dearest Jessi,

I just found your blog today. I am again blown away by your gift of being able to express your heart and humor so adeptly. The depth of you and your thoughts never ceases to amaze me. I am so proud of the woman of God that you have become.

I too have been counting the days until I can join you in holding your new precious one in your arms (and mine!).

Thank you, Father God, for holding Jessi and that sweet little baby in your arms and watching over them. Bring them safely thru his delivery into the world and our welcoming arms.

I love you, my sweet daughter. What a wonderful mother you will be.

XXOO, Mom