Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thanks for the Reminder, Kid

Yesterday Caleb was taking my slippers off my feet and saying, "Oh no!" then putting them back on. It had been a couple days since I shaved my legs, so they were a little bit prickly. He moved from playing with my feet to playing with my bare shin and brushed his hand against my leg. Immediately he stopped, examined his hand, then stared at me with an accusatory look on his face. I stifled a giggle and said, "What's wrong?" He looked back at my leg and pinched at it with his thumb and forefinger, presumably trying to pick off whatever it was he felt.

I never let Jonathan touch my leg if it isn't smooth (my complex, not his). I never imagined my 21 MONTH OLD SON would be offended by it. Thank you, child, for reminding me that winter is no excuse for stubble.

I shaved my legs this morning.

No comments: